Monday, June 1, 2009

Summertime
















Summertime...and the livin' is easy...Billy Holiday sang it best. Being a teacher, this song really "talks" to me. It is one of my favorite songs and means so much more this summer. I am really taking the summer off, for the first time in about 10 years. I have always been "working" on some huge project during my summer's off (not getting paid) and not truly taken advantage of the "teacher" occupation. Sure, I have traveled a lot, seen some beautiful places, spent time with my family, but not for the whole summer. So this summer I plan to do a lot of nothing, work on the yard with Prince Charming, go to the beach, ride some roller coasters with my kids, spend time with my BFF, visit my Momma in Ohio, cook, read and sip a lot of good wine. Yep the livin' is easy, and I'm going to go make some lemonade.

No comments: