Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tunes on Tuesday #3 and What I'm Thankful For Challenge Day 2

Today I am combining my Tunes on Tuesday with The What I'm Thankful for Challenge hosted by Cheryl and Brian over at The Bz House That Love Built.  You get a bonus song today because these songs mean so much to me because they mean so much to WHO I am thankful for today. I have mentioned her in many of my postings, she's my inspiration for blogging,  my hero, my co-conspirator, my goto girl, my friend, My Momma. 
 I am so thankful for the time she was living with us, we got to know each other as woman to woman not just mother to child and I deeply miss our time together (she's crying right now - sorry Momma), and can't wait for the day she comes home, so that we can have a little more fun together...we were just getting started. I am thankful for the giving heart my Momma has, she is the caretaker in this Act of her life, and I am sure when the curtain closes on this Act, she will want to come home and pick up where she left off in this play. But maybe we will just keep her in the green room for a year or so and feed her strawberries and Dove chocolates :), then she can make a grand entrance into the next Act.  If there is anyone that can make something beautiful from a pile of discarded mischiefs it is My Momma...I should know. Thank you Momma!  The Tunes? I almost forgot! As a child growing up, there is a soundtrack that I hear when I think of her and I and BB Brother, we didn't have much, but for some reason I never noticed when we were together, I just remember laughter, magic and John Denver.  Please enjoy! 


John Denver - Sunshine On My Shoulders


Now I have math homework to suffer through! Ta Ta for now!
PS- If I don't blog tomorrow it's because somehow she managed to kill me from 2000 miles away for putting her picture up here...isn't she booteeful!!

1 comment:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

What a sweet post to a beautiful, mom! And I know one mother who must be very, very grateful to have a daughter like YOU!

XO,

Sheila :-)