Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tunes on Tuesday #4

Just popping in for few..I didn't want to miss Tunes on Tuesday...The song and artist I am sharing with you today is fabUlous!  The song means a lot to me at this point in my life...before I was in the passenger's seat of my life...sort of along for the ride.  I was content with that, I have a good life and I choose to not dwell on the bumps in the road or the road blocks. But I as approached the big 40, my health was starting to fail, I wasn't as young in my body (and I think my soul was beginning to age a little) as I am in my mind...something had to give. I needed to get in the driver's seat and pick a direction and realize the road blocks were just detours and I was able to enjoy a lot of nice scenery along the way.  So what's this school thing all about?  I have been asking myself that all week because it's a hard week...they are only going to get harder. I didn't choose to go in the direction of teaching, I was just driven there by a matter of circumstances and as a result I was never really going to advance - cruise control was set on 60-70 hours a week for the next 20 years. Whoa! Put on the brakes!  Let's look in the rear view...what's behind me...ah yes....tiny little babies in need of a lot of attention and skillful caring and deciding how much I want to work, and enjoying life with PC and our family...okay left turn (we never make left turns). If I steer well and keep my eye on the road, enjoy the scenery along the way, but not take the wrong exit, I know my destination will be a good life complimented by a rewarding career. Not the other way around. 

Missy Higgins didn't really become popular in the US until 2008 or so...but I have been listening to her for about 6 years..I accidentally found in ITunes.  Most of her songs are melancholy in nature, soul-exposing is probably a more accurate description, but I have never been disappointed by her yet. It's on my list to see her live in Australia,one of these days. If you are listening to her for time, enjoy!  If not, I don't have to tell you, you already do.  Off to make some biology notes for my big test tonight!  Ta Ta for now!

No comments: