Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Serendipity

I believe in serendipity - do you?  This morning I was just thinking about how I use to write in my journal at least a dozen times in any given year(although unimpressive to many - sufficient for me)...but then came Blogger, Facebook and Instagram (let's not forget MySpace), awesome and powerful, completely connected to the world...but somehow, looking back through all of those posts, I feel a bit disconnected...it is not the same as thumbing through my journals...I believe it is because it (social media) all lacks some substance, both physical (the feel of the ink on the rumpled pages) and the Metaphysical (as in the noun) truth...connected to the world but not to myself...those were my thoughts...then in my feed I see that someone else has the same thought, but she connected her mind with her keyboard and serendipitously (yes it's a word) offered me what I already knew but had lost sight of...


...a life with social media is complicated, I've always struggled with the notion.  How do some perfectly normal people just not participate and how do those of that do, balance it all (1st world problems - I know -she's right, honesty sucks sometimes)...I long for the days of getting up in the morning and not checking my feed, but checking my heart and feeding  my soul and then telling myself the truth.  I have many beautiful journals waiting to be filled (it is a habit to buy them) I need to take the time and get back into the habit of filling them...perhaps reviving my blog will inspire me to do so...

No comments: