Sunday, March 21, 2010

Wine & Cheese Baby Shower

My BFF is going to be a Gramma and I have wanted to throw her a baby shower since her daughter delivered the news..but she wasn't having any of it...until I mentioned that we would just have a few friends, a little food and some Wine..."We can call it a 'Whine' & Cheese party...you get it?" she said "yeah yeah, no" and popped my bubble. Then a few days later she said that her DD wanted to have the shower for both of them..she said "but, NO GAMES...just fun." Yeah! A Party! I love to throw a party! Especially for a friend! So I have been gleaning ideas from blogland and how-to sites for a couple of weeks, with the exception of trying a few recipes to see if they will work here's some of my inspiration sites:

Ky - over at Have your Cake and Eat it too has a great post about her "BFF' wedding shower. I love this whole table; so the grapes, strawberries and those cupcakes are a must.... Rachael has some YummO! Ideas for setting the scene and recipes that I would like to try. She suggests: SET THE SCENE
Maximize a supermarket bouquet by dividing the stems among a few old wine bottles. I think we'll use Daisies because my BFF is just finishing up redecorating her kitchen with a Beachy theme (think "Something's gotta Give")and we all love daisies.
Use cloth napkins—you won't have to keep buying paper, and they help dress up the party. Probably white and a baby blue (it's a boy).
Skip pricey bottled water and serve tap instead: Add ice, orange slices and a rosemary sprig. Love this idea - but I may use lemons and limes! We have a few beautiful pitchers we can use!

Rachael also suggests a crostini - this worked great at the Cookie Exchange and I love the other recipes she suggets also.

Fried Cheese Bundles »Figs with Ricotta and Honey »French Onion Crostini »Goat Cheese Truffles » The folks over at Bellenza have a great guide to Wine & Cheese pairings as well as a few really cute favor ideas. Aren't those bags too cute! I can't wait for the whole thing to come together Better get the list together. TaTa for now!

No comments: