Thursday, June 12, 2008

Upon rising...











"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.” - Marcus Aurelius

I describe myself as a "quiet" morning person (a few people are laughing), because I choose to not engage in a lot of conversation first thing in the morning. Not because I am grumpy but when I rise in the morning, I putter around and meditate on my day, basically giving thanks for all that I have (running water, shelter, clothes, great job) and for all that love me (husband, children, mother, friends). If I do not get this time I can be somewhat of a bear and I end up offending the ones for which I am most thankful. But when I do, I float through the day and play much like the raven's in my picture. Don't they look like they are having a blast? People say birds only fly when they have a purpose, so maybe their purpose this morning was to contemplate the privilege of having wings and another sunrise. People - read Marcus Aurelius - he is worth your time.

No comments: