Friday, June 12, 2009

Flash Back Friday #2 Fun in the Sun!

Good Morning Y'all.


I am sorry to be getting this up late, but evidently my perkiness yesterday kicked my but today. I slept in until almost 7:00! I have a love/hate relationship with sleeping in during the summer. When I do stay in bed, I relish every second; feeling the softness of the cotton sheets, laughing at the sun trying to creep in my west facing bedroom windows (we planned it that way), and listening to birds chirping, delighting in the new day. Then I drag my booty out of my soft heaven and curse how much of my day has been wasted dawdling in slumberland. So here I sit with a new day, a late post and some really old pictures - because it's Flashback Friday! Now join me in my front yard 17 years and 2 houses ago:




To set this up: These youngin's are my two brother-in-laws, two of the best uncles to walk the planet. They loved playing with our babies because at the time our babies were the only ones in the family. Some of my best memories of these two with our children are not captured in photo but are vivid visions in my head. So, I am ecstatic that this particular antic was caught on camera. The story goes, the three brothers were working on some vehicle at our house and I brought the kiddos outside to play in the yard for awhile and water the flowers.

So the kiddos are running around getting hot and occasionally drinkin' from the hose.



Please don't call Child Services, I did not know it was bad to drink from the hose then, although it could explain a few things now - LOL.

Now, remember when I said the memories are vivid images in my head, this particular day is very vivid, because I could have put money down that I had a picture of the kiddos looking down the barrel of this hose, trying to figure out what the heck was happenin' to their water supply...remember the first picture? Yep, uncles were just waiting for the right moment and this photo is just after it came barreling out the top like champagne from a bottle. What you can't hear is the GIGGLE coming from babygirl! It was a great day and I love that this memory is so vivid in my head - many of their tiny days are a blur to me, but I must have been stopping to smell the roses on this day.

Thanks for strolling down memory lane with me, be sure to leave your comment with your link and I will post it for you. Next week's theme is....I think we will stick with summertime for a few weeks...so let's go with, Made in the Shade. I can't wait to see what happens! TaTa for now!

Bloggers who had a flashback today:

Leigh over at Bloggerittaville -http://lbratina.blogspot.com/2009/06/blue-willow-birds-and-other-topics.html

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there....I just popped over from Leigh's blog (Blogarittaville) and love yours. The idea of Flashback Friday is great. I'm going to see what I had in my computer here at work that I might post. Otherwise I will join in next week for sure! Glad to "meet" you and look forward to many more great posts. :)

Blondie's Journal said...

Hi DeAnna,

I just noticed that you left a comment on an older post of mine and I had to come and visit!! So glad I did. You write a lot like I think~I know that sounds strange. Well at least about crawling out of bed in the morning! LOL!!

I'd like to join Flashback Friday next week. It sounds like fun. What sort of things can I post for made in the shade? Things under trees? Porches?? Ha Ha! Blondie is confused as usual!

Have a wonderful weekend!! :-)

xoxo
Janie

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Glad you saw mine! LOVE yours!