Friday, June 5, 2009

Flashback Friday - Please Join Me!

Welcome to Flashback Friday (once hosted by AnneGlamore at My Tiny Kingdom) where we will take a look back and share things of our past that we may wish to share again or things that we have not had a reason to share until now! I plan on going way back for some (so out comes Momma's scanner) and not so far back for others. I do hope you will join me on my little journey through time. I do not have a Mr. Linky yet, so just leave your URL and your title as a comment to this post. I will pick a theme every week and post it on the prior Friday in order to give you plenty of time to think and prepare for your Flashback. On the following Friday I will list everyone that participated (just like Bloggeritaville) on my Flashback post. Got it? I hope so - I confuse myself sometimes. So this week is a Free for All (post about anything you like), choose your topic, load or scan related photos and blog away!
My Flashback is way back to May of 2008. I chose this because Tricia over at The Boutelle Family Zoo can't believe I have two college age kiddos. So, it occurred to me that the only picture of my fully grown munchkins is the one with their feet dipped in the water, which was taken about 6 years ago. So, off we go to David's graduation day, May 19 2008:
My beautiful Irish Twins (she is older than him by 10 months and 11 days apart) right after Graduation. This picture is beautiful and painful at the same time. Beautiful; look at those bright face, both spitting images of my beautiful Prince Charming. Both faces fresh and ready to live life and conquer the world. Painful; I am no where to be found in all of the "after" photos because A) I am the graduation coordinator for their Alma Mater, so i was busy at first with "after" stuff in the gym, B) I collapsed when no one was around. I couldn't walk, couldn't breathe, dialed PC on the cell and 30 seconds later paramedics, family, graduates..everybody was gathered around my very unhealthy body. I refused the ambulance ride (PC was furious) and ended up in the ER anyway (PC drove me there against my wishes) all night and went home with a serious diagnosis of Myositis. Such a happy day ruined by the frailty of being human. It has been a long year, but I am healing, some days are better than others, but I feel fine. I chose not to take any meds, I chose to watch my activity level and drink a lot of water. So a year later, I executed another graduation, none my own offspring "in" the ceremony, everybody helped and worried, but I did just fine. So yes Tricia, I am old enough to have to two college kids and old enough to have to listen to my body when it says sloooow down.
Okay, Your Turn! Remember this week is a Free For All. Next week's topic: Fun in the Sun!

2 comments:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I am with Tricia, I dont beleive it either, even though I see it. Ok, where IS the fountain of youth? My son graduated this year and I dont look like that. No fair! Where is it? Do tell....I will get in on this flashback next week. And I LOVE the topic. I am going to work on it now! Thanks!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Enjoyed reading your blog today. I am still finding my way around blogland....I always love making new friends..I am posting about Disney so hope you will stop by. Commenting automatically puts you in the drawing for the June giveaway.