Friday, June 5, 2009

My Cup Runneth Over Sunday- Another Carnival!

I am posting this a day early because I am taking a road trip this morning - with the girls - to Wine Country. I can't wait! We live in the desert, where the weather is usually beautiful and the scenery can be (once you get used to it) magnificent. But, I am longing for the beautiful mountains of central California, where the ocean breeze whispers to the mountains and the sun dances on the vines. Where "girl talk" and laughter, lots of laughter, are often heard from the patio of a sprawling vineyard. Where life is slow and easy, just like summertime. So TaTa for now and don't forget to join me below in giving thanks for all that we have! See ya Monday!

Paso Robles, California

I wanted to host another carnival , more related to my blog title; My Cup Runneth Over. Get it - Coffee on the table - cup runneth over - okay, I 'm no comedian, but I try. Well, just as the bible says: Psalms 23:5 (King James Version):Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. What is being said here? In the plainest of terms, God is taking very good care of me - I have confidence in his grace.


So what is this carnival about anyway? Post a picture of a cup (coffee, tea, whateve) and list at least five things that you are Grateful for..a sort of gratitude journal with a twist. Don't have a cup photo - use mine!

1. Summertime - love the freedom to do what I please, the weather and long days.

2. Blogs - so many talented, creative ladies out here!

3. Getting to spend time with BFF this weekend.

4. Momma - at least we get to talk everyday - I think more, now, than when she was in the same house.

5. PC & Kiddos - so beautiful to love, I am a better person because of them.

Okay - your turn- just like Flashback Friday -leave a comment on this post on Saturday Night (I'll get a Mr. Linky soon) and I'll post you on Sunday.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

I like this idea but it's Tuesday. Are you going to do this on Sundays or just any time?

By the way, you are a great writer. I like your style! :)