Thursday, June 25, 2009

Foodie Friday and I'll miss y'all

I have so many ideas for posts but y'all keep me so busy with your carnivals, it's hard to know to slip one in. I'm not complaining, I love the carnivals and party's. So today over at Designs by Gollum it's Foodie Friday. I have to admit that at first I was intimidated by "Foodie Friday". I often question my ability as a cook, so to even think that I was worthy of posting with the "foodies" was...well..intimidating. Then Leigh over at Bloggeritaville encouraged me to post my potato salad and y'all liked it so...I guess I'm worthy. This week's entry for me is super easy but it brought me such joy that I started snapping pics and here you have it - My favorite Breakfast At The Moment.
We recently got a Super Target close to town and we were super excited about the ability to stop at the grocery store on the way home. And let's face it - who doesn't LOVE target? So I was in there doing some minor shopping and decided that the smell from the bakery just could not be ignored. Have you seen their bakery? Very impressive. So two Artisan French Bread Baguettes, a container of raspberries and a little Mozzarella Fresco later here we are:
You get the idea, slice the loaf, smear the cheese, plate it with some raspberries...heaven.
It sort of feels like I am in a cafe in Paris...ahhhh.
I have been mentioning a little trip PC and I are taking to the Midwest and we are leaving tomorrow. I will be taking plenty of photos and such but I have a feeling I will have very limited Internet time. So please don't forget about me over here, I 'll check in every now and then. I'll restart Friday Flashback when I return. Thanks for visiting and for any commenty love. TaTa for now!

8 comments:

Dawn said...

Nice and simple. I love meals like this.
Have a great trip.
Dawn

mel said...

It looks very tasty. I have never tried that cheese before, I will have to give it a try. I have yet to eat any cheese (bread or potato) that I haven't liked. Have a fun, safe trip!!

wayward windra said...

i can't wait to see you seetie! have a safe flight and a pleasant drive to 'the farm'. see you in a few days.

love, mom
namaste

sweetpralinemadness said...

Wow, that looks delish!!! I love raspberries and that bread looks yummy.

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

What a treat! It does look so frenchy! Nothing like baguette for starters. Everything you do after that is a plus! Hope you are having a great trip. See you when you get back!...Debbie

The Stylish House said...

I think this is awesome, because it is simple yet elegant.
Cathy

Fifi Flowers said...

I LOVE Archer Farms products!

B said...

That looks yummmy!

Have a great trip.