Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Outdoor Wednesday - Balloon Glow

Once again I am participating in A Souuthern Daydreamer's Outdoor Wednesday. I love this blog day - all of the posts are so beautiful. My Outdoor adventure today is about man-made beauty. While PC and I were in Ohio, we went to Coney Island Amusement Park with Momma on July 3rd. The park hosted a "Balloon Glow" and then fireworks. It was a visually spectacular day. I had so much fun running from balloon to balloon as they were inflating each one. I laid on the ground, stood on tip-toes and even used PC's panoramic stitching feature! We have been to a few balloon launches when the children were tiny, but by the time the balloons were inflated and launched, it was daylight. Don't get me wrong, seeing all the balloons take flight is magical, but this was just as magical. However, the balloons do not take flight after a "glow", the pilots simply have the "glow" for the beauty. We loved it! Let me share: First they started inflating what we thought "might" be 4 or 5 balloons. Then they just appeared from behind the trees and multiplied into 15 balloons! It was so fun to watch these giants grow from the ground in a matter of an hour. Watching all the hard work by so many people who knew that they weren't taking flight was humbling. To take pleasure in simply lighting a fire.... And then they got their "Glow" on. There was a marching band playing music most of the day and now they were orchestrating the movement of lights from balloon to balloon. Spectacular! On our way of walking out of the park, the carousel was glowing too, isn't it darling?
Then on to the fireworks - one of my favorite things!

You could "feel" these fireworks, as Momma said "from your toes to your nose." It was such a fun day. I am so happy that we went, because it rained all day on the 4th, so we only watched the neighborhood fireworks from my aunt's (use to be gramma's) front porch. That was just as nice too, as I sat and remembered my childhood and twirled a flag with my cousin. I was so thankful for being free to enjoy the day and my family, my only wish was for more time.

Thank you for stopping by, now I'm off to visit all the other bloggers OW adventures. TaTa for now!

9 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, what amazing balloons! They are so pretty and colorful. Thanks for sharing all of their glory with us and the fireworks, too.

Happy OW...

XO,

Sheila :-)

SouthernGal said...

Spectacular! I have helped inflate a balloon before we went on a ride one time. It was a lot of fun. You pictures are awesome!

Christi @ A Southern Life
http://asouthernlife.com

sweetpralinemadness said...

Wow, how cool! I love the hot air balloons. It looks like y'all had a great 4th!!!

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Scrappydee: Darlin this such a beautiful post. I would be running around like you were trying to get those pics of the balloons. They are just beautiful. The carousel was so magical looking, imagine seeing that through the eyes of a child. We grow up and sometimes forget the magic that we saw. I loved the fireworks ofcourse. We never grow tired of that. This is a wonderful outdoor wednesday post. Great Job. I have signed up to follow your blog. I have to come back and see what else you photograph. You have a wonderful God given talent. Please stop by and say hi. I would love to have you follow my blog as well. Country hugs, Sherry

Anonymous said...

Just wonderful ScrappyDee!!! Firstly, you had me at Brad Paisley, :-)
Lovely colours, balloons! And thank you SO much for posting those fireworks...I missed them this year on Canada Day and I was so upset, but seeing so many people posting photos, feels like I didn't miss it all that much after all! Lovely blog!

RobinfromCA said...

Gorgeous photos! I love looking at hot air balloons but the kinds that don't fly seem safest to me. These are perfect! I did chuckle at actually seeing the Remax balloon. The fireworks photos are also beautiful!

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Outdoor Wednesday!
Robin@Miscellaneous Thoughts

Cass @ That Old House said...

Wow, what fun and what fabulous photos! Great pics, balloons AND fireworks!
Cass

KayC. said...

I love all the balloons! Great photos of them.

Mary Bergfeld said...

This was an amazing post. I loved the balloons with their magnificent color and size. Your photos are great. Thanks for sharing them with us.