Monday, May 31, 2010

Homemaker Monday

Time to dust again.
Time to caress my house,
to stroke all it's surfaces.
I want to think of it as a kind of lovemaking
...the chance to appreciate by touch
what I live with and cherish.   ~Gunilla Norris

As I sit here on the first REALLY beautiful day we have had in quite a while, I am thinking about all the things I should do...laundry, dishes, vacuuming...but what I really want to do is organize my drawers, add some Puttery Treats to each one, rearrange my medicine cabinet or straighten my jewelry counter so that I can see with all my pretties I want to bake some cupcakes with my new mixer(thank you Momma). I want to pick some wildflowers and put them on my table. I want to wash the windows to let the sun shine in and even rearrange some furniture in the bedroom to get that "on vacation" feel.  Basically today, I want to "play" house.  I think I will for a few hours, but then we have a family Bar-B-Q to attend and I have to get ready for the craziest two days of the year..the day before graduation and graduation.  But...today, for a few hours, I am a Homemaker (Linking up with 11th Heaven for Homemaker Monday).I hope you enjoy the links to other sites...they do so inspire me!Off to get a pinny and my feather duster- TaTa for now!

2 comments:

The Redhead Riter said...

I've pretty much decided that my next house will have no carpeting because it just makes dust!

Unknown said...

I agree! At some point in the next 10 years - I'm going wood floor!